Social Security
We are trained to complete all the necessary paperwork required
by the Social Security Benefits process.

How Social Security Helps Families
Social Security survivors benefits
help ease the financial burden that follows a worker's death. Almost all
children under age 18 will get monthly benefits if a working parent dies.
Other family members may be eligible for benefits, too. Anyone who has
worked and paid Social Security (FICA) taxes has been earning survivors
benefits for his or her family. The amount of work needed to pay
survivors benefits depends on the worker's age at the time of death. It
may be as little as 1 ½ years for a young worker. No one needs more
than 10 years.

Who Can Get Survivors Benefits? Here is a list of family members
who usually can get benefits: Widows and widowers age 60 or older.
Widows and widowers at any age if caring for the deceased's child(ren)
who are under age 16 or disabled. Divorced wives and husbands age 60
or older, if married to the deceased 10 years or more. Widows, widowers,
divorced wives, and divorced husbands age 50 or older, if they are
disabled. Children up to age 18. Children age 18 - 19, if they attend
elementary school or high school full time. Children over age 18, if they
became disabled before age 22. The deceased worker's parents age 62
or older, if they were being supported by the worker.

A Special One-Time Payment In addition to the monthly benefits for
family members, a one-time payment of $255 can be paid to a spouse
who was living with the worker at the time of death. If there is none, it can
be paid to: A spouse who is eligible for benefits. A child or children
eligible for benefits. This payment can not be made if there is no eligible
spouse or child. HOW TO APPLY FOR BENEFITS You can apply for
benefits by telephone or by going to any Social Security office. You may
need some of the documents shown in the Information Needed section
below. But don't delay your application because you don't have all the
information. If you don't have a document you need, Social Security can
help you get it.

Information Needed Your Social Security number and the deceased
worker's Social Security number. A death certificate. Proof of the
deceased worker's earnings for last year (W-2 forms or self-employment
tax return). Your birth certificate. A marriage certificate, if you are
applying for benefits as a widow, widower, divorced wife, or divorced
husband. A divorce decree, if you are applying for benefits as a divorced
wife or husband. Children's birth certificates and Social Security
numbers, if applying for children's benefits. Your checking or savings
account information, if you want direct deposit of your benefits. You will
need to submit original documents or copies certified by the issuing
office. You can mail them or bring them to the office. Social Security will
make photocopies and return your documents.

For More Information You may contact the Social Security Office to
find out what benefits are available for your individual circumstances, to
change records, and to stop automatic deposits.

The national phone number is 1-800-772-1213. For more
information, write or visit any Social Security office, or phone the toll-free
number.  We will file Form SSA-721 which informs Social Security of a
death. You need not  order a certified copy of the death certificate to
send to your Social Security Administration office.  
December 9, 2011 the
City of Yonkers renames
the Corner of McLean
Ave. & Lee Ave after the
founder Leon Casario